Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why we need Trump and Putin to get along
(07-07-2017, 12:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Get along.  Fine, but Putin is a weasel and and I would never trust him.

Putin is not an enigma, he's a typical Russian strongman.  The Russians historically want/need/love that type of leader.  Much like Trump, he is thus easily manipulated by those who understand that mentality and play to it.  A shame such subtleties are lost on the vast majority of politicians, and the general public as well.  I still trust Putin far more than I trust Xi and the Chinese Communist Party.  China will only be friendly right up to the point that they feel they're in a position where they no longer have to.  I've said it before, but peeling Russia away from China's orbit should be our number one foreign policy priority.  It is an achievable goal, they are not natural allies, the opposite being more true, and are only united in a disdain for the US.

(07-07-2017, 12:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's my opinion as well. Also, we should not remove the sanctions in place or return the compounds. That would be a very weak move on our part.

Well, they shouldn't without getting something substantial in return.  I would be all for a quid pro quo agreement with Russia.  We need to start somewhere.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why we need Trump and Putin to get along - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-07-2017, 04:05 PM