Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL
(07-08-2017, 09:22 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree and as I looked back, our future HOF receiver dropped a TD against the Chargers (around 50 yards) in the home loss. He also dropped a TD pass against the Texans. Those 2 drops hurt AD's QB rating in playoff games.

But my main point of your argument is you are using around 5% of the games AD has started as your 100% analysis of him. You ignore his numbers are better than most active QB's in the regular season, but inflate his poor numbers in the post season. One playoff game, he has Rex B. has his best receiver option. He also played at Houston (great defense) as a rookie and 2nd year QB with a rookie and 2nd year number 1 receiver who is great, but made a lot of mistakes in the early years too.

This is just not true and I have mentioned such in previous posts. IF I simply used those playoff games as a measuring stick then I would have Eli, Flacco, Kaepernick, and pretty much any other NFL QB that has taken a snap in the playoffs over Andy and despite popular opinion I do not. If there were no such thing as playoffs Andy would arguably be a top 10 QB and Marvin would definitely be a top 10 HC.

Unfortunately you must consider these performances when ranking the players/HC. This is why I have Andy around 17 in the NFL, hell, I could by 16th if it would make folks happier that I placed him in the top 1/2.  The difference is I have Marvin around 19ish as a HC and many around here have him 33rd. Why? Playoff results. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL - bfine32 - 07-08-2017, 02:40 PM