Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polish president slams fake news CNN
(07-07-2017, 11:08 PM)Dill Wrote: Absolutely. We are talking about someone who represents a country, not some random guy defending his wife from an insult in a bar.

That was a meaningless tweet about a trivial matter. There was/is no "detriment" to Poland because of that tweet. How in the world could it ever affect relations between the two countries?  Hard to imagine the leader of Britain or France or Germany or Japan or the US before Trump commenting on such trivia, other than to quickly clear it up and move on. But calling the tweet "fake News" as a rallying cry against the press in general is very disturbing. The rush to conflate this incident with reporting about Trump in general, as if it were all similarly erroneous, is what is really newsworthy about this incident.

A far more urgent matter is how Kaczynski and his party has been dismantling the free press in Poland. That could affect relations between Poland and the rest of the world, including the US.  It will give conspiracy theories greater traction in Poland. Neither he nor Trump want you talking about that.

So when Trump, being the manchild that he is, cries and asks the Polish President "why didn't you speak up for me when they were spreading lies? I thought we were allies" he is just supposed to say "Sorry, Hitler and Putin and blahblah, thus I can't stand for the truth. Go F yourself." ???

That makes no sense. You're defending poor "journalism", which is more and more frequently using national media to push lies or simply unresearched re-sharing. That's how we got articles like how the First Lady was a hooker, 17 Intelligence Agencies Agreed, Polish President's Wife Handshake, etc.

I support freedom of the press, but that doesn't mean the press has the freedom to lie their way to their agenda. Do your job properly and there would be no problem. Just like every other person in society.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Polish president slams fake news CNN - TheLeonardLeap - 07-08-2017, 07:32 PM