Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polish president slams fake news CNN
(07-08-2017, 07:32 PM)"TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So when Trump, being the manchild that he is, cries and asks the Polish President "why didn't you speak up for me when they were spreading lies? I thought we were allies" he is just supposed to say "Sorry, Hitler and Putin and blahblah, thus I can't stand for the truth. Go F yourself." ???

That makes no sense. You're defending poor "journalism", which is more and more frequently using national media to push lies or simply unresearched re-sharing. That's how we got articles like how the First Lady was a hooker, 17 Intelligence Agencies Agreed, Polish President's Wife Handshake, etc.

I support freedom of the press, but that doesn't mean the press has the freedom to lie their way to their agenda. Do your job properly and there would be no problem. Just like every other person in society.

Leonard, the point of your first paragraph is not clear to me. Are you saying Trump should expect the Polish president to defend him against lies? All heads of state are supposed to be doing that for Trump? Should he be defending each of them against "lies" in their press?

In any case, Trump's own behavior is difficult to defend. What he calls "lies" are not what the rest of the world calls lies. And what he calls "Truth" is not what the rest of the world calls truth either. Remember the 3-5 million fraudulent votes supposedly cast in the election? So his constantly calling responsible news organizations "fake news" does not proceed from some desire for higher standards and objectivity.  He does not vet his sources nearly as carefully as every major news organization does, even Fox. To repeat the point I made above, Trump is angriest at the press exactly when they do their job properly.

I am aware of an article in which an NYT reporter apologizes for calling Melania a hooker in a private conversation. I am not aware of any "journalism" claiming that she is a hooker. What article are you referring to? Trump's protocol error was in a "tweet," and the sort of minor error that occurs with all presidents. So far as I know, the US intelligence community is unanimous in agreement that Russia interfered with the US election, even if only four were directly involved in tracking and assessment. That is exactly what newspapers should be reporting--"doing their job properly" as you put it.

The really important news, most crucial for national defense, is not what a reporter called Melania at a party nor what a journalist tweeted about a handshake error, nor even whether all 17 intel agencies tracked the Russian interference.

FAR AND AWAY the more important issue to be addressed by the press right now is Trump's continued refusal to accept the intel community's assessment and his continued dissing of US intel agencies while speaking on a world stage. This division signals weakness and opportunity to US enemies who don't care a fig whether Melania was a Hooker or Trump missed a handshake. 

The "agenda" of the press should be to report this concerning behavior. And the agenda of US citizens should be to critically distinguish between trivial and important news matters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Polish president slams fake news CNN - Dill - 07-08-2017, 08:27 PM