Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The rise of the Run-Pass option in the NFL
I liked the odd formation where Whit would line up out wide, but my fear every time I saw the formation was that if one WR missed a block, or if a DB up on the line sold out to jump the quick pass, it could be an easy pick 6. I would imagine Dalton's quick release, plus his read of the depth of the DB helped to prevent this, but I kept thinking they were going to the well too often.

He did hit Eifert down the seam (I think it was Eifert) for a huge gain out of this formation, and I loved the design. I think the weapons Andy should have this season are such a huge upgrade that it will allow for even more yards from these plays, plus, if defenses do crowd the line, he can take a shot over the top, as he did in the last video.

Honestly, it may not be sexy, but that is exactly what Brady and the Pats have made their staple. Short, quick hitters that yield good YAC. Brady doesn't have to do as much down the field because he team executes their routes and blocking assignments so well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The rise of the Run-Pass option in the NFL - SHRacerX - 07-09-2017, 09:09 AM