Poll: Who will be the offensive MVP in 2017-18?
This poll is closed.
Andy Dalton
51.16%
22 51.16%
AJ Green
25.58%
11 25.58%
Tyler Eifert
2.33%
1 2.33%
Joe Mixon
13.95%
6 13.95%
John Ross
4.65%
2 4.65%
Other (explain)
2.33%
1 2.33%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the Bengals Offensive MVP in 2017-18?
(07-09-2017, 10:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am not very good at "polls", etc., but I wanted to take the pulse of the board and see who folks are predicting as the Bengal's offensive MVP.

There are lots of choices.  You could go Dalton, the Ringmaster of it all.  AJ Green is a safe choice...dude was unstoppable before injury last year.  Eifert if he stays healthy could surely be the huge red zone guy.  And what of the RBs?  Will Mixon hurt opponents in both the rushing attack and through the air?  Will he take advantage of defenses playing off Ross and AJ?  The Road Runner?  Meep Meep!  John Ross has mercurial speed, and can change direction on a dime.  Is there an outsider?  Is someone going to go out on a limb and say Gio will come back as the second coming of Barry Sanders?  Will Jeremy Hill find his rookie form in his contract year?  Will Tyler Boyd become the new TJ Houshmanzadeh and catch 100 balls?

My vote is Ross.  He will help to open up the run game, burn teams deep with simple screens where a missed tackle results in a 90 yard TD, and help others like AJ, Eifert, Boyd, enjoy less attention from opposing defenses.  I am all in on Ross.  

What say you?
Tough choice.......  I'll answer later  ThumbsUp
(07-09-2017, 10:20 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: My problem with AJ Green is that Dalton can't throw a deep pass. That excludes Dalton too then. The offensive line has some issues this year which will affect the running game. Thus, I'm going with Ross because he will outrun coverage and have a breakout year. Green will be double covered most of the time too.

Have you not watched a game since 2014?   

Dalton did admittedly have troubles with his arm strength when he entered the league and in his first few seasons, but, after working with Tom House, he's had a gun and has had no troubles throwing the deep ball.

(07-09-2017, 10:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Are you on drugs, or do you just not watch Bengals games?

Like I said, it USED to be a problem, but like Dalton throws a 50+ yard bomb here, which isn't TOO long, but, when considering that he was on the run, it's not too shabby.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is the Bengals Offensive MVP in 2017-18? - BFritz21 - 07-10-2017, 01:14 AM