Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GREAT Hobsin Article about Sam Wyche
(07-09-2017, 09:56 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know Butch takes a lot of grief around here for his sometimes odd style and "homerisms", but I loved this article.  Maybe it is because one of my all-time favorites, Sam Wyche, is featured extensively, but the content is incredible.

The part about a long TD to Trumpy being potentially the first time a TE had been split out wide...well, let's just say that is another thing the NFL should tip their hat to Mr. Brown for helping to create the game as it sits today.  

I will be purchasing Sam's book as soon as swimming champs are over Tuesday (I volunteer a lot of time to coaching swimming and the season ends Tuesday and my life returns to somewhat normal).  Can't wait.

I still hope and pray that Troy, Katie, and Marv would reach out to Sam to help the Bengals self-scout.  Get him back in the game.  Give him a little money.  I think the man still has a hell of a lot to offer, and I almost got teary-eyed reading that he feels 20-30 years younger since the transplant.  Maybe I just feel like if the Bengals win a ring this year, I would like him to be a part of it and get the ring that eluded him as coach.

Love you, Sam!  

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Hobsons-Choice-Podcast-Sam-recalls-first-Bengals-training-camp/282a098b-6371-499b-b1db-66d1489ed7d1

Sam was my favorite coach.  I wish Marvn had that fire, but he doesn't.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: GREAT Hobsin Article about Sam Wyche - BonnieBengal - 07-10-2017, 03:51 AM