Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. officials say Russian government hackers...
(07-10-2017, 04:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Really don't want to feed into the conspiracy theory stuff, but I just wanted to point out that thousands of employees wouldn't have to coordinate.

If 2,000 people are involved in investigating a murder, and 1 of them plants a gun with fingerprints on it, all of a sudden those other 1,999 people have "evidence". They don't have to be in on any coordination if they truly believe it to be true.

***I'm not saying this is what happened*** I am just saying that by no means does every single person, or even the majority of people, need to be in on it in order to be perpetuating it.

To give a real world sports example, remember when Ryan Braun failed a drug test, but said it was a tainted sample and proclaimed his innocence to the world? His (at the time) buddy Aaron Rodgers backed him up because Braun told him the sample was tainted and he was innocent. Turns out he wasn't innocent and Rodgers was seriously pissed for being duped into being his public voice.

You make a valid point about some types of fraud, Leonard. And also you are referring to a REAL conspiracy. They do exist, but they tend to be very small, a cabal of a few people.  Grand conspiracies, like the claim Bush engineered 9/11 or that Navy Seals killed the children at Sandyhook, do not hinge on the activities of one or two people.

In this case, however, intel products are the work of dozens, sometimes hundreds of people. If one CIA investigator slipped an incriminating piece of evidence into an intel product, its significance would be immediately recognized up and down the chain of command, and it would be re-vetted and then re-vetted. The reputable news organizations that reported it would also do their own vetting.

Further, the fraud would have to be ongoing--not one piece of data one time, but month after month, and coming from different agencies, and from the intel services of different countries like Poland and the UK.

So the kind of fraud Millhouse is referring too would have to be on an epic, 9/11 conspiracy scale.  I ask, is it more likely that all these loyal Americans in intel agencies are suddenly working toward some shadowy end or is it more likely that Rush and Hannity are desparately throwing out counter narratives to maintain support for a political agenda which could be threatened if Trump is impeached?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: U.S. officials say Russian government hackers... - Dill - 07-10-2017, 04:22 PM