Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. officials say Russian government hackers...
(07-10-2017, 05:38 PM)Millhouse Wrote: As I said wouldnt be surprised, even though chances are it probably was the Russians, or someone operating out of Russia. Also I didnt mention it, but I was mainly referring to the elections and hacking done that released Hillary info.

But just for the fun of a pure conspiracy theory if it was us, I would guess it would be a very small group to an individual or two. When it came to the election there could have been a few reasons why, but I would guess the main reason would be to help Trump win for their own agendas & $$$. (just for fun mind ya)

In terms of this, only legitimate theory I can think of would be our own nsa/cia keyboard warriors were testing the security of our power plants. Then make it look like it came out of a foreign country which they can do.

I guess my point was that after what the NSA/CIA were doing during the Bush & Obama eras, nothing will surprise me anymore. But that doesnt mean I dont think other countries like Russia are fully capable of similar things.

Following up on Leonard's point, I think it always possible that some single individual, a Snowden type, can set up a chain of causes and effects that becomes conspiracy like. E.g., one person might have hacked the DNC or one person inside the DNC might have given others access to the files--and Russians operatives are waiting to use it.  I just don't think something like that can be maintained by multiple agencies.

The Iraq disaster was certainly a black eye on intel. But the more you know about that story, the more you realize that that one agency, the CIA, was pretty much hijacked by the White House to fit intel to policy.  That certainly supports your point. And at the time, like now, the average citizen had no way of knowing whom to believe--journalists and whistleblowers who claimed the Intel was "cooked" or THE PRESIDENT OF THE US. Most people sided with the president. Then the Congressional investigation afterwards made clear that boundaries had been crossed, the speculations of white house operatives mixed with actual intel product, etc.

So I understand you position. Not unreasonable at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: U.S. officials say Russian government hackers... - Dill - 07-10-2017, 07:23 PM