Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Career QB passer rating of active QBs
(07-10-2017, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But I realize this is going nowhere. Folks picked their side after year one and nothing is going to make them question it. 

I clearly did not.  I was not in the camp of drafting Dalton.  I was glad they didn't reach for a Ponder, Gabbert, or Locker in the first (which set back the Vikes, Jags, and Titans nicely) but I was not a fan of Dalton coming out of TCU.

Why?  Well, here was a short list of things I said:

"What?  He's 6'2" and 220 lbs?  He will get killed in the AFC North"
"TCU runs that spread....he won't know how to work under center, or read defenses"
"He's not overly fast, what does he bring to the table?"

and lastly, "He cost me $100 when he beat Wisconsin"

The more I researched him, the more I tried to understand the choice.  Maybe a part of me was hoping the Palmer divorce wasn't final.  Then, I watched him play.  Despite having a dearth of weapons, no OTAs, a new OC, etc.  he won 9 games and made the playoffs.  I saw him lose a game against Denver, but I could see this guy was a "gamer".  I always thought Palmer was talented, but I didn't see the case of the red-ass when it comes to just winning like I do in Dalton.

He has had his tough days (2.0 QB rating against Browns in a prime time game, first three playoff appearances), but he has also improved year over year, and last year showed he could still win games and post a decent statistical season with minimal weapons and a horrible line.  Not many QBs can do that.  

I am beyond excited to watch him this year.  I am now 100% fully in his camp.  I wasn't right away, but the guy won me over.  He is a steal at what he is being paid, a great guy off the field, and allergic to losing (before anyone throws out 6-9-1, I will remind you that even an average kicking game yields three more wins and a likely 6th consecutive playoff appearance.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Career QB passer rating of active QBs - SHRacerX - 07-11-2017, 09:26 AM