Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why we should be skeptical of Germany and their role going forward
(07-11-2017, 09:51 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why are they moving forward with an EU army when they have NATO and their own individual military for each memeber?    

The reason they want the EU army is this gives Germany control over these troops.   Since they have many limitations in place from WW2.

OK.

First, it doesn't give Germany control. You clearly have little idea how the EU works. 
Second, what about NATO? You did not address my point there. Trump wants Germany to spend more on defense, the US right slams them for not taking care of their own defense and claim they are Europe's sugar daddy and that they are sick of that. But as soon as Germany and the EU seem to move in the direction of taking care about that, you cry Fourth Reich. Still completely irrational.
Third, 20+ individual armys are not very effective. I and others would very much like Europe to be able to take care of certain things, like I would have been in the Yugoslavia crisis, still a huge eyesore on Europe's history. You warn about Europe's militaristic independence. Yet you also cry foul if we are dependent on the US. Damned if we build an army, damned if we don't. 

Just tell me one thing - how comes the US reactionaries like you are cosy with anyone but your European allies. Do you want us to be allies any more? And if you don't, how could you possibly dare telling us what we can and cannot do militarily and defense-wise? And if you do, what about this awkward anti-European stances?
Because one thing is quite clear. We are not such weaklings as you might believe. Europe in general very much likes to keep the alliance in place, but if the words and notions from the US remain as they are now, at some point your European partners will show the US the finger. And honestly, rightfully so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why we should be skeptical of Germany and their role going forward - hollodero - 07-11-2017, 10:08 AM