Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why we should be skeptical of Germany and their role going forward
(07-11-2017, 10:39 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well hell we get plenty of outsider's opinions on us, so I think it's only fair.

I don't disagree, but I'm just saying that those outsider perspectives of internal politics aren't true. We should always take a German, Russian, Ugandan, Australian, or whomever's evaluation of US politics with a large grain of salt, and the same can be said for any American's evaluation of politics internal to another country or a coalition like the EU. When you are not a part of that group it is very difficult to understand it unless you are an expert in that very specific thing. And even then it can be difficult. I appreciate McFaul's commentary on Russian politics, but I am going to trust him much more on their interactions with foreign governments than I will on internal Russian politics.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why we should be skeptical of Germany and their role going forward - Belsnickel - 07-11-2017, 10:45 AM