Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICE crackdown forcing some families to self deport
(07-11-2017, 10:46 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I say crackdown on the employers. Quit handing out H2As to people who just want skilled labor for cheaper, and give them out so that employers can hire unskilled labor from countries south of the border if they are indeed having a difficult time filling job vacancies at a decent wage. If you are offering jobs at minimum wage and nobody is taking, then the market says you raise the wages, but there is a point where you can't afford to pay a certain wage, and that's where the H2As should come in.

Really what we need to do in this country is establish a good job training program. There are some industries that are at full-employment (though there is some disagreement on this because of wage stagnation) which means that they can't find people to work the jobs they need to have filled. But, we all know that the country as a whole is not a full-employment, and I doubt there are many regions that are, if any. This comes from having people looking for jobs that aren't qualified for them. Having a job training program supported by the government is one area of social policy that our country is way behind in, and we really need to find a solution for that. Otherwise, the reliance on those VISAs is needed.

Just my two cents, and sorry if this derails the thread.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: ICE crackdown forcing some families to self deport - Belsnickel - 07-11-2017, 10:51 AM