Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jon Gruden on "Mike and Mike" this morning
(08-07-2015, 08:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I've also posted numbers plus the opinions of experts like Jon Gruden.  Why do you think that neutral analysts like Jon Gruden and other national media members would refuse to look at facts?

The people who want to blame Dalton for every aspect of the game including coaching, defense, running game, and pass protection are the ones who refuse to look at the truth. 

I think the issue for guys like myself and Nately is that we aren't allowed to discuss the issues with the offense (not just Andy) on this board without a million people telling us how it's the entire team's fault and that's that.

I have no problem saying that the entire team has sucked, but there is more to talk about than just that. I think the defense deserves their bashing for the 2011 and 2014 games and the offense absolutely deserves theirs for the other 2. IMO, the offense has sucked more than the defense if you look at all 4 games combined, but I'm called biased for saying that.

People claim the "Andy haters" can't be objective, but that's absurd. If I say the offense has sucked more than the defense, that doesn't mean I hate Andy Dalton, I'm just being realistic here.

Andy's biggest fans on here will bring up everything BUT the QB play if you discuss the playoff losses, yet we're the ones that aren't objective because we refuse to just give out equal blame even though it shouldn't be exactly equal? No, that's not how it's going to happen. It's not equal. I don't want to blame Dalton for everything, and I surely don't think it's Andy's fault when the defense has been bad or the coaching has been bad. In my opinion, blame goes something like Offense > Coaching = Defense > Special Teams, or Offense = Coaching > Defense > Special Teams. They've all sucked, but some parts have definitely sucked less.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jon Gruden on "Mike and Mike" this morning - djs7685 - 08-07-2015, 09:37 AM