Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why we should be skeptical of Germany and their role going forward
(07-11-2017, 11:35 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yes, you! This board is my lens on America. If a reactionary paints Russia as an ally against the German threat, I'm not alarmed. If conservative like you (if I can paint you that way, I mean it in a positive way) would join this sentiment I would be uneasy. Your opinion as a reasonable ***** politicus is quite important to me.

That makes perfect sense.

I still can't quite wrap my head around someone claiming the US needs alliance from an autocrat, who doesn't believe in Western values, whose opponents all have mysterious accidents, who occupies other countries and backs Assad and tries to wreak havoc on western countries... to fight Germany, a country that shares US values like only few others. There is some crazy stuff coming out from the reactionary wing of the conservative movement.

If this is your lens on America then you should know that a variety of opinions is promoted and everyone can be skeptical or everything. The fact you are so dismissive of this issue is troubling. It must be nice thinking that Germany, one of the worst nations of the past century, is just a bunch of care free innocents.

The US allies with all types. Including the human rights violators from the Middle East. Detente has always worked when you focus on the issues you can work together. No one is giving Russia a pass.... it's just prudent to not pretend that the Germans only have good intentions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why we should be skeptical of Germany and their role going forward - StLucieBengal - 07-11-2017, 01:28 PM