Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why we should be skeptical of Germany and their role going forward
(07-11-2017, 01:42 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'm not afraid of it. I think that is something for the Europeans to decide for themselves without outside influence. 

I would think their need would be proportionate to how much the U.S. will continue to support NATO. If we continue strong support for NATO, they don't need it as much. If we are going to be squirrelly on our NATO commitment (an organization that we basically formed), then they will probably decide they do need it.  

But Putin won't get his cake and eat it too (i.e. Nato dissolving and no EU Army).

Where did I mention shutting down NATO? Trump has been strong supporting article 5. There is zero need for an EU army. The EU is supposedly a trade union. Last time I checked each country doesn't give up their military for a trade union to control. One that coincidently is heavy controlled by German interests.

There was a reason people were uncomfortable with Merkel and Macron addressing this lately. They are using trump hysteria to fuel their desires to ramp up the EU.

And for the record my skepticism of Germany by no means that I Am not skeptical of the Russians. We just work with them where we can and if Germany becomes a problem we will need them since they provide Germany with energy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why we should be skeptical of Germany and their role going forward - StLucieBengal - 07-11-2017, 01:48 PM