Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICE crackdown forcing some families to self deport
(07-11-2017, 10:51 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Really what we need to do in this country is establish a good job training program. There are some industries that are at full-employment (though there is some disagreement on this because of wage stagnation) which means that they can't find people to work the jobs they need to have filled. But, we all know that the country as a whole is not a full-employment, and I doubt there are many regions that are, if any. This comes from having people looking for jobs that aren't qualified for them. Having a job training program supported by the government is one area of social policy that our country is way behind in, and we really need to find a solution for that. Otherwise, the reliance on those VISAs is needed.

Just my two cents, and sorry if this derails the thread.

A big problem with that is how now all through middle and highschool, kids are told over and over that they need to go to college, that college is the only way to be successful, etc.

Then they go to college, get 40k in debt, and a degree in something they can't find a job in (except maybe for teaching other people to get that degree... talk about a useless cycle).

Meanwhile if they hadn't been brainwashed into thinking that college was really the only choice they had, they could have gone to a trade school for like 1-2 years and become a welder, mechanic, plumber, electrician, etc. Jobs that pay well, are in high demand, and last I knew was primarily older folks who were nearing retirement.

- - - - - -
The other problem is it seems less employers are allowing for on-the-job training. They want entry level people to have a couple years of experience already.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ICE crackdown forcing some families to self deport - TheLeonardLeap - 07-11-2017, 03:15 PM