Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Ranked 7th Best Running Back Situation
(07-11-2017, 04:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yahoo! ranked every team's running back situation, and I was surprised to see us ranked 7th:

I keep saying that I don't see Hill even making the team, and I'm still very bitter over the fumble, but it even notes that he wasn't very good last season and that Bernard is coming off injury.  This is weird because they don't talk-up Mixon much, but I guess that they're expecting him to come in and light the NFL on fire because otherwise this doesn't make any sense.

There's also the issue of the line, which is why Elliot and the Cowboys are ranked first, but I guess they're like me in that they're gaining confidence in our line.

Steelers are #2, which going off Bell's talent might make sense, but he can't stay healthy and they have nothing behind him that they can rely on.

I don't see them cutting Hill unless he looks just terrible in pre-season.  I see him making a bit of a comeback actually.  My big fear is that we'll expect Gio to be ready too soon, or that we'll decide to go with 3 running backs.

I think we'll have a good stable and that Mixon will be an excellent back.  My hope is that we'll keep Peerman but PUP Gio and keep one of the newer backs (I really like the kid out of KY) and give him a chance to prove himself while Gio fully mends.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Ranked 7th Best Running Back Situation - 3wt - 07-11-2017, 05:04 PM