Poll: Who will be the offensive MVP in 2017-18?
This poll is closed.
Andy Dalton
51.16%
22 51.16%
AJ Green
25.58%
11 25.58%
Tyler Eifert
2.33%
1 2.33%
Joe Mixon
13.95%
6 13.95%
John Ross
4.65%
2 4.65%
Other (explain)
2.33%
1 2.33%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the Bengals Offensive MVP in 2017-18?
(07-11-2017, 08:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I agree 100%, but when I called it MVP, I was trying to take in to account what that individual's impact would be on the entire offense.  Dalton can't improve the running game by himself, no matter how efficient he is at the short passing game.

I voted Ross because I feel like he will do a number of things by himself:

- Slow down the pass rush
- Take the proverbial top off the defense
- Score points with simple routes that he breaks a tackle (a TD nearly every 5 times he touched the ball in college is sick)
- Help the running game by having safeties play off
- Help the slot WR and TE by pulling defenders deep
- Convert easy 3rd and 5s because of defenders playing off coverage

Now, if Ross was already here and AJ Green was the new addition, I could argue all those things for AJ because he would be the new piece that would be helping to transform this offense from effective to electric.  

It doesn't work without Andy.  He is the leader that had the elite season going with solid weapons around him in 2015 before the injury.  Ross is the missing piece of the puzzle and why the offense will soar to new heights this season.  I have been calling for a player like him for some time, and now the best example of what our team needed was our first round pick and I can't wait to see it work.

Actually, Andy's effectiveness in the passing game can have a dramatic effect on the running game.  If they go from formations that could mean run or pass, and he passes well, teams will sell out to cover the pass.  Then, the rushing attack gets the benefit of Andy's proliferation in the passing game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is the Bengals Offensive MVP in 2017-18? - SunsetBengal - 07-11-2017, 07:56 PM