Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official GOP Debate Thread
So basically I was tweeting about the debate until just before the god question (did anyone say Zeus told him to run?) and the closing statements. I had to leave the house then so I have no comment on that.

The entire 10 minutes before the "official" start of the debate was joke. It was like watching a bad SNL skit. Then they have the ten men stand there while they essentially make fun of them for five minutes before they go to their podiums? Best tweet I read about that one:

[img][Image: debate1.jpg]
photo sharing sites[/img]

Having three people ask ten people questions was just dumb. It was unwieldy and ended up being unfair air time wise to the candidates.

No-neck, The Blonde and Wallace looked as confused as the candidates half the time.

Just some general observations from an old television and radio guy because issue wise it was blah, blah, blah.

Cruz: Has zero chance. He looks like Jon Lovitz when he played the devil character on SNL.

Rand: Rand needs a better haircut / toupee. And to sound less whiney. My wife kept asking where that accent came from.

Christie: Christie's bombastic approach actually came off better than Trumps. Someone here said he showed he was "big government" although I'm not sure based on his track record that's the case. Also he loses points for the noun+verb+911 speech.

Bush: Looked and sounded awful. The National stage isn't for him.

Carson: Too quiet, too unprepared. He's a brilliant surgeon who thinks because people wanted him to run he should run despite not having a clue. His tax plan is to tithe. That about wraps up his 15 minutes.

Huckabee: Points for making the first Supreme Being comment of the night. No surprise who wants a theocracy in the US but he had a few good moments too. I think I'd like him if he wasn't talking religion every other sentence.

Walker: Sounded like the Koch brothers had him well prepared. He gave answers that won't hurt him.

Rubio: I liked Rubio but it seems he was trying to make a dent and always seemed overly excited about stuff there was no reason to get excited about.

Kaisich: Seemed like the most "normal" person on the stage. Without knowing his policies in OH if I was forced to pick one off that stage to vote for it was him. His answer on gay marriage while nice could do with out "I went to a gay friend's wedding". That's the "some of my friends are black" answer.

Trump: Trump really showed his true colors. If voters are smart that will hurt him so I'm not banking on it hurting him. They were way harder on him than the rest...but he's the leader of the pack right now. If he can't take that little bit of heat what will do when everyone turns it up? He gets testy when he failures are pointed out. He turns to insults when he feels challenged. And he has no plan. I tweeted that it appears he will be stand at the border and yell insults at Mexico until they build a wall.

Way to much penis swinging and

Overall? Eh.

Of course I wasn't expecting much given the set up either. Way to much penis swinging and talking about how "tough" they are going to be. As if diplomacy means zero. I hope none of you (like me) have children who can go in to the meat grinder so these guys can play war from the safety of their offices.

When they whittle it down to a few real candidates and they can start comparing actual policy I'll start caring.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official GOP Debate Thread - GMDino - 08-07-2015, 10:26 AM