Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Ranked 7th Best Running Back Situation
(07-11-2017, 04:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yahoo! ranked every team's running back situation, and I was surprised to see us ranked 7th:

I keep saying that I don't see Hill even making the team, and I'm still very bitter over the fumble, but it even notes that he wasn't very good last season and that Bernard is coming off injury.  This is weird because they don't talk-up Mixon much, but I guess that they're expecting him to come in and light the NFL on fire because otherwise this doesn't make any sense.

There's also the issue of the line, which is why Elliot and the Cowboys are ranked first, but I guess they're like me in that they're gaining confidence in our line.

Steelers are #2, which going off Bell's talent might make sense, but he can't stay healthy and they have nothing behind him that they can rely on.

The Steelers drafted James Conner to be the backup. Sure, he isn't necessarily Fournette, Mixon, or McCaffrey, but he's a big, tough RB that also demonstrated receiving skills last year.
His best rushing season was 2014 (1765 yds, 26 TDs) before being diagnosed with lymphoma in 2015. He came back with a vengeance last year though and put up 1092 rush yards with 16 rush TDs along with 302 receiving yards and 4 rec TDs.
He's a similar mold to Le'Veon Bell.

Their backfield isn't in as bad of shape as some may think.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Ranked 7th Best Running Back Situation - ochocincos - 07-12-2017, 09:21 AM