Poll: Who will be the offensive MVP in 2017-18?
This poll is closed.
Andy Dalton
51.16%
22 51.16%
AJ Green
25.58%
11 25.58%
Tyler Eifert
2.33%
1 2.33%
Joe Mixon
13.95%
6 13.95%
John Ross
4.65%
2 4.65%
Other (explain)
2.33%
1 2.33%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the Bengals Offensive MVP in 2017-18?
(07-13-2017, 06:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dalton can throw the deep ball and does so with great success. He owes this to his timing and anticipation. WTS, the "deep ball" is not a true indicator of arm strength. I would be amazed it there is any starting QB in the NFL that cannot throw the ball 50 yards in the air, just put more air under it. 

The true test of arm strength is can the QB fire it into that closing window on his back foot; ect...Many experts have suggested Andy has a weak at; however, it doesn't matter on the deep ball. In the past this is why I suggested Andy gets rid of the ball so quickly it travels in the air longer.

Either way a "weak arm" is just a last moniker to give a QB; hell, Peyton Manning was said to have a weak arm. That QB has had that arm strength his whole career. The key is anticipation and timing. IMO, this is why Andy throws the really "WTF was he doing" INT. 

So you're both right. 

I do think there's a marked difference in his velocity on those throws from his first couple years till now. I'm not sure how often you've been able to get to training camp in the last couple years, but going in one time, while the QBs were just tossing it back and forth, i was quite a bit surprised with the velocity that the ball was coming out of his hand with. Compared to the other 3 or so QBs tossing the ball, his did look more effortless and seemed to get there quicker on what looked like just a flick of his wrist.

That velocity is so important on the sideline throw, 15 yards down field. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is the Bengals Offensive MVP in 2017-18? - rfaulk34 - 07-13-2017, 09:23 PM