Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jon Gruden on "Mike and Mike" this morning
(08-07-2015, 08:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I've also posted numbers plus the opinions of experts like Jon Gruden.  Why do you think that neutral analysts like Jon Gruden and other national media members would refuse to look at facts?

The people who want to blame Dalton for every aspect of the game including coaching, defense, running game, and pass protection are the ones who refuse to look at the truth. 

The offense scores less than 10 points per game.  That's a fact, and that is a good bit lower than what the 32nd ranked offense will score in a given game.  The one time we topped 10 points (with a whopping 13 burger) the defense scored 7 of it and the one time the opponent cracked 27 points (which isn't good...so don't think I'm giving the defense a pass other than in 2012) Dalton threw a pick 6.

That is what the offense has put on the board in 4 games.  That is a total of 36 points in 4 games so we can expect 9 points of offense per game.  The worst offense in the league can put up between 12-16 points per game, and the best defense in the league will probably give up between 13-16 points per game so I honestly don't see how we can win with this offense.

You also point out that Jon Gruden is an expert and he sure does know more than I do, but he also mentioned Dalton by name first before backpedaling and spreading out the blame in a very safe manner.  Also, a lot of experts seem to be spending our picks on the offensive side of the ball, so I don't think that goes against my assessment, either.  Also, I'm not blaming DALTON for everything, but our offense in the playoffs makes the Blame Gabbert-led Jaguars look downright high-octane.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jon Gruden on "Mike and Mike" this morning - Nately120 - 08-07-2015, 12:05 PM