Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump: Truly a good man with a good heart
(07-15-2017, 10:42 AM)Benton Wrote: Honestly I haven't followed the story much because it's pretty partisan and I don't keep up with women's robotic competitions like I used to. Mellow but I didn't think they fell under the travel ban?

(07-15-2017, 10:49 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I had assumed that one of the countries responsible for sending terrorists to us would have been on thr list. I guess not.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/07/13/537050073/afghan-girls-robotics-team-allowed-to-enter-u-s-for-competition

Quote:Two previous attempts to secure visas, which involved traveling 500 miles to the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, had failed.

The U.S. State Department had told the Associated Press that it would not comment on why the girls' visas had been denied but that "all visa applications are adjudicated on a case-by-case basis in accordance with U.S. law." Afghanistan isn't one of the six countries targeted by President Trump's travel ban.

Trump intervened to find a way to permit the girls entry, the AP reports. The National Security Council opted to "parole" the girls — a status, the U.S. Immigration and Citizenship Services explains, requires "an urgent humanitarian reason or significant public benefit." The girls will be granted one-time entry to the country.
You are correct.  I got my foreigners not allowed into the country wrong this time.

These 14 yearolds were denied visas (twice) for *some* unknown reason.   Mellow

So I will reword my response: The POTUS allowed them in after not allowing them in...twice. Very "good hearted" of him.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump: Truly a good man with a good heart - GMDino - 07-15-2017, 10:59 AM