Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Republicans do not want the country to know what is in their health care bill.
(06-19-2017, 04:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think that's what has a lot of people irritated about this. For 6 years we have heard nothing but repeal, or repeal and replace. They haven't just had a couple of weeks, the GOP has had 6 years to come up with a unifying policy alternative for their party. Instead, they are acting like the dog that caught the car.

That's exactly right. All they could offer is lip service believing there wasn't a chance in hell Trump was gonna win.

Sen. Patrick J. Toomey offered a simple, remarkable explanation this week for why Republicans have struggled so mightily to find a way to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

“Look, I didn’t expect Donald Trump to win. I think most of my colleagues didn’t, so we didn’t expect to be in this situation,” the Pennsylvania Republican said Wednesday night during
a meeting with voters hosted by four network affiliates across his state.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/one-reason-the-gop-health-bill-is-such-a-mess-they-didnt-think-trump-would-win/2017/07/06/bed6a8e0-624a-11e7-8adc-fea80e32bf47_story.html?utm_term=.402b1f5afc40

Messages In This Thread
RE: Republicans do not want the country to know what is in their health care bill. - Vlad - 07-16-2017, 12:45 AM