Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Republicans do not want the country to know what is in their health care bill.
(07-16-2017, 12:45 AM)Vlad Wrote: That's exactly right. All they could offer is lip service believing there wasn't a chance in hell Trump was gonna win.

Sen. Patrick J. Toomey offered a simple, remarkable explanation this week for why Republicans have struggled so mightily to find a way to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

“Look, I didn’t expect Donald Trump to win. I think most of my colleagues didn’t, so we didn’t expect to be in this situation,” the Pennsylvania Republican said Wednesday night during
a meeting with voters hosted by four network affiliates across his state.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/one-reason-the-gop-health-bill-is-such-a-mess-they-didnt-think-trump-would-win/2017/07/06/bed6a8e0-624a-11e7-8adc-fea80e32bf47_story.html?utm_term=.402b1f5afc40

It's already been said, but that is no excuse. Sure, they are in the position of the dog that caught the car, but they shouldn't be. If they thought they could do it better then they need to put up or shut up.

I can tell you the real reason they don't have a viable plan: there isn't one. The American public thinks that government needs to have a role in the healthcare game in making sure healthcare is affordable There is no piece of policy that is more conservative than the ACA, though, that will cover as many people. The ACA was crafted by the Heritage Foundation in the 70's. If they go more to the right, people will lose access to healthcare, period. And the people aren't going to be happy.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Republicans do not want the country to know what is in their health care bill. - Belsnickel - 07-16-2017, 07:26 AM