Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another one bites the dust
http://www.chicagonow.com/politics-now/2017/07/44-years-a-republican-1-year-an-independent-today-im-joining-the-democratic-party/

Excerpts from the link above:

The Democratic Party may not agree, but they listen. The far left is rigid and dogmatic but the average Democrat may not agree with you but they will listen to what you have to say. I am pro business, and so is the Democratic Party. It is now the home of Free Trade. The GOP is now the home of trade protectionism.

This was not an easy step. In the 80s, I was an advocate of trickle- down economics as the solution to our economic ills. It is hard to admit I was wrong. The theory sounds nice, but as evidence has shown, it is a myth. Educated Republicans understand income distribution is out of whack and are seeking ways of correcting the ill. They are running up against the rank ignorance brought into the party and exploited by the party.

I believe this was an emotional decision for Mr. Schneider, and I welcome him and any other so enlightened converts to the Democratic Party.

Did you read his essay linked above?

Is he emblematic of a new wave coming over to the Dems?

What do you think?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
Another one bites the dust - xxlt - 07-16-2017, 10:56 AM
RE: Another one bites the dust - xxlt - 07-16-2017, 11:23 AM
RE: Another one bites the dust - Dill - 07-16-2017, 03:10 PM
RE: Another one bites the dust - xxlt - 07-16-2017, 04:40 PM