Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australian woman in Minnesota calls cops then is fatally shot by one of the officers
(07-18-2017, 04:36 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: According to the Minneapolis BWC (Body Worn Camera) policy, even if they didn't turn them on cause they were in the car they still have a problem of not following procedure. 

They were called about a possible sexual assault, arrived on scene without ever getting out of their car, saw a defenseless woman and somehow thought that she was enough of a danger that the officer in the passenger seat should shoot and kill her, and in order to do this he had to grab his gun out of his holster while still seated and then point the gun across the vehicle and fire across his partner to stop her. I don't get this at all. Even though the officer didn't turn on his camera before discharging his weapon, the policy clearly states that after an officer uses force they are required to turn on their cameras immediately after the fact. These officers didn't turn on their cameras at any point according to reports. I mean this just does not look good at all. Australian news paper sums it up pretty well.

[Image: American_Nightmare.jpg]

Playing Devil's Advocate (because this seems like the second police shooting up there that looks like murder, so emphasis on Devil). If you shoot someone dead, your first thought probably isn't "oh, I should turn on my body camera", it HOPEFULLY should be "****! Oh ****, I just killed a human being" because that's generally what someone with a soul, who doesn't enjoy killing people, would think about killing someone who wasn't actively trying to kill them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Australian woman in Minnesota calls cops then is fatally shot by one of the officers - TheLeonardLeap - 07-18-2017, 05:29 PM