Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australian woman in Minnesota calls cops then is fatally shot by one of the officers
(07-18-2017, 05:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: As I said before, SOPS are very large and training isn't nearly what it should be. It's an institutional issue across almost all departments across the country. One that can only be overcome with a large influx of money for training.

I was watching an episode of a live cop show yesterday and there was a white cop that had 15 years experience that was dealing with a car full of black guys that were acting suspicious and reaching around. This cop didn't reach for his gun once and kept calm the entire time while asking them questions and repeatedly telling them to refrain from reaching around inside the car Everyone got out of the incident without a scratch, After watching that I was thinking "Man the experience definitely shows.... if this had been a younger cop things definitely would have went south real fast".

Quote:TheLeonardLeap

Playing Devil's Advocate (because this seems like the second police shooting up there that looks like murder, so emphasis on Devil). If you shoot someone dead, your first thought probably isn't "oh, I should turn on my body camera", it HOPEFULLY should be "****! Oh ****, I just killed a human being" because that's generally what someone with a soul, who doesn't enjoy killing people, would think about killing someone who wasn't actively trying to kill them.

I agree, thought process can be affected after taking a human life, definitely. But from my perspective it's also like... well.... at what point was this guy acting rationally in the first place? I get that you might freak out after shooting someone, but it seems like this guy had already lost his rationality before he even shot her. I mean unless there's something REALLY bad that she did, I don't see why he would have a reason to act the way he did when they arrived on the scene.

I live in Minnesota, about 20 minutes from Minneapolis and about 35 minutes from St Paul (where the Philando Castile shooting happened) so these stories are obviously pretty big where I am. I was stopped by a cop about 5 months ago speeding  and the cop asked for my insurance, so I reached for it in my glove compartment but didn't find it, so I then started reaching around in my vehicle not even thinking about the fact that a cop was standing right there. I wasn't scared of the cop, but thinking back to that I'm kind of like "man that was pretty dumb I could have gotten shot for not being more careful about reaching around". It's sad those are the kinds of thoughts that pop into my head now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Australian woman in Minnesota calls cops then is fatally shot by - Matt_Crimson - 07-18-2017, 07:14 PM