Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well My Countdown until Football Season Start Thread
(07-19-2017, 02:45 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I find mid life (52) to be better than my 20s.  In my 20s I was stupid.  I was also poor.

Poverty isn't nearly as bad as a lot of things. I'd rather be poor, in good health with a good woman than be rich, too sick to enjoy it and live with a woman who does nothing but complain about any and everything. 
I'm not saying that I want to be poor or that I particularly like it, but my life pretty much goes along about the same money or no money. I was poor and raised two really great kids who still love me despite me being a real drunken, addicted turd most of their childhoods. They both forgave me for it and we get along great now days. It's all about what you make of your time.   I might have been a drunken jerk for 20 years, but I was always home at night and my kids always had a mom and dad at home. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well My Countdown until Football Season Start Thread - grampahol - 07-19-2017, 02:59 AM