Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australian woman in Minnesota calls cops then is fatally shot by one of the officers
(07-19-2017, 12:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Right?  Because you never hear about it when a non-white person is killed by the police.  (Note I am not accusing you of this, just pointing out the absurdity of the argument being made by those you referenced)
No accusation taken. I have liberal and conservative friends and each side throws out propaganda that has to be either sifted through to find truths or discarded. This narrative of "because it was a white woman" doesn't hold water with me. 

[quote pid='400991' dateline='1500476470']
This is why the whole outrage over police shootings has always rankled for me.  They are exceedingly rare.  Even the insanely biased Guardian had under 1,200 people killed, notice I didn't say shot, by the police in the past two years.  Their methodology in this regard was so absurd they "counted" people killed in traffic accidents involving LEO's, people who died in custody from natural causes and people killed by off duty LEO's, such as a wife killed in a domestic abuse situation.  "Counting" those types of deaths is clearly done to inflate an already small number to justify their sense of moral outrage.  In addition, I could care less how many people are killed by LEO's in the line of duty, I care about the number of people that are killed that shouldn't have been.  This would be a tiny fraction of an already minuscule number.  But, outrage everyone!
[/quote]

I would think that LEO's would be some of the most outraged when an incident like this occurs, despite their disciplined demeanor.  

Quote:When your on the job experience with "X" ethnicity consists almost entirely of gang members, drug addicts, thieves, out of control kids, equally out of control mothers, i.e. the worst examples of "X" one could hope to find, some people will comment on, or start to view that group, as a monolith.  It's a very easy trap to fall into.  Even so, the vast majority of LEO's do not.

That has been my experience. 

Quote:Logically so, as the odds say you're going to survive 99.999% of the time.  You have worse odds taking a shower or driving to work.

Truth.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Australian woman in Minnesota calls cops then is fatally shot by one of the officers - Bengalzona - 07-19-2017, 02:22 PM