Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aircraft Carriers - What is their future?
(07-19-2017, 04:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Honestly, I would rather up those 21 carriers to 30-40 and just pull out of Germany, England, Italy, Spain, etc.

Then get rid of some stupid crap, like the F-35 program.

That's my thinking. And one of the reasons for years I've advocated for closing bases.

Pro-base people say that will impact our ability to put a significant military force anywhere in the world in a short period of time. I've never understood that given the capabilities of our navy, specifically our carriers. They give us flexibility and that ability to be anywhere, any time.

To me, and to many of the military folks I know, keeping bases open is more about protecting supply contracts and assisting us companies operating in some areas. It's the business side of things, not the defense side. And it's waste.

Go more mobile, use the tech we have instead of trying to use a centuries old approach of keeping as many people spread out as far as possible.

Btw, good thread zona, and interesting subject. And surprising. I honestly thought France, England and Russia had more carriers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aircraft Carriers - What is their future? - Benton - 07-19-2017, 09:03 PM