Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sen. John McCain diagnosed with brain cancer
As has been echoed by a few already, I too would have voted for McCain in 2000 if he had won the Republican primary. He showed an integrity and loyalty to principles which set him apart from politicians who value power over principle. His toughness and loyalty to endure what he did as a POW will forever put him on a pedestal for me. The fact that he was IIRC one of the first (if not the very first) to highlight campaign finance reform, only showed his principled approach and value of principle over self. I wonder how different the country would have been had he been elected. I would have gladly voted for McCain as President in 2000. The McCain of 2008, however, was a shell of the candidate that I remember from 8 years prior, but still would have likely received my vote, were it not for his VP selection, but that cemented the idea to me that he will not be my choice going forward.

Recently, he's showing his pugnacious side and speaking his mind in contrast to the tide of spinelessness shown by the rest of partisan Congress, which provided a semblance of true leadership. I hope he can buck the odds, and recover from this disease, but maybe having great healthcare improves his odds slightly over the average joe stricken with the same fate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sen. John McCain diagnosed with brain cancer - masterpanthera_t - 07-21-2017, 01:49 PM