Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Creationist Ken Ham Blames Atheists For Ark Park Failure
(07-19-2017, 11:11 AM)Benton Wrote: Yes, and no. From the earlier link.

Beshear was initially for it, and supported tax breaks. But that was when it was supposed to be like a Six Flags for Christians, a theme park with a religious theme. But more of a park and less religion. 

When it became more about religion and less about a park, Beshear and the board backed off the incentives. Plus, the pension crisis was coming to a head and State Reps (where dems were in control) were trying to bring all spending to a halt so they could come up with enough money to push the impending crisis back a little. They didn't want to be out the tax dollars, at least in the short term. Then the election, where Bevin pushed to bring the incentives back regardless of the purpose of the park.

I wasn't aware of that.  I thought things were baked into the cake by the time governor Bailout got elected.  

I think the end of the tax break is the beginning of the end for the park.  I don't know how you'd get the real numbers for revenue and attendance, but Ken Ham blaming atheists for poor attendance and lack of local economic stimulation can't be a good sign for them.  

Perhaps they are salient but not anything close to what they were selling the state on when they got the tax breaks.  Perhaps they are in the toilet.  Time will tell, I guess.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creationist Ken Ham Blames Atheists For Ark Park Failure - samhain - 07-22-2017, 12:07 AM