Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Almost 50% of Leftists refuse to be friends with a Trump supporter.
This is something that is a 2 way street and I've experienced it first hand.

I've mentioned where I live a few times but for those who don't know pretty much everybody that I live around voted for Trump. It's a small rural area and the type of people Trump should be fighting for because of all of the support they gave him. Being a registered Independent (and proud of it.) it is pretty disheartning to hear the tone change in the conversation when they notice that I'm an Independent with more liberal leanings. Anything I say about common decency gets spun into me being a sore lose and It goes from feeling like I'm talking to one of my peers to a tone that is more scrutinizing of everything I say to a riddiculous and illogical extent. The more I expand upon my opinion the more defensive they get. I was half tempted to warn my neighbor the other day that he might not want a libertard helping him get his mower stuck out of the mud.

Honestly I feel like the only point that the article had was to divide people because it's obvious this issue goes both ways and its never going to stop until both sides hold themselves in check and realize how they have treated the other. Alternative facts and news are what is dividing this country. Why do people think the extremes on either side are necessary to "save" the country? Because they have been forced fed it by whatever news source they choose to let into their life. It's a messed up world when we get to pick and choose what is a fact.

What it boils down to imo is are you party first or country first? That's the ultimate question.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Almost 50% of Leftists refuse to be friends with a Trump supporter. - CageTheBengal - 07-24-2017, 01:39 PM