Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bob Costas' Halfway House/Kaepernick interview
(07-24-2017, 01:07 PM)Benton Wrote: SF stinks and he still managed a 90ish passer rating and few INTs. If a team is willing to sign Fitzpatrick — who essentially handed the ball to anyone who got within arm's reach last season — they should be willing to sign Kaepernick.

Unless, as some media outlets are questioning, it's got nothing to do with football.

Colin Kaepernick has only averaged over 200 passing yards a game ONCE, and it was 210.6 yards/game.
Colin Kapernick has only surpassed 20 TDs in a season ONCE, and it was 21 TDs.

QB Rating isn't the end-all-be-all of metrics. He was also 1-10 as a starter last year and went into halftime losing 10 of those games.
Blaine Gabbert was 1-4 as a starter on the same team last year and went into halftime losing 1 of those games.

Kaepernick was only a winner when he had the league's best defense and one of the better rushing games supporting him. Teams in that situation can find a QB to be a game manager who won't

Fitzpatrick doesn't bring a media circus with him, wearing pig cop socks while police are being ambushed in the streets, and wearing/praising Castro, while losing muscle mass due to a vegan diet he switched over to.

It's a pretty good mixture of performance/distraction, which will make you unemployed.

(07-24-2017, 02:52 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Correct. And I have no problem with that type of thinking.

But, I'm still going to call out teams signing these worse players and they try to make it about his play. Based on play alone, he should be in the league and could at least compete for a starting QB position on a few teams.

Also, Tebow was never good. Sure, fun to watch and should have been given a legit chance after 1 year. That's a small sample size. Kaepernick has started 5 different seasons and has made the NFC Championship game twice, winning one of them.

But I do understand where you're coming from. I do believe Tebow and Kaepernick should both have been given chances.

Greg Hardy? Not at all. Granted, great player, but terrible human being.

Tebow won a postseason game, too.

Kaepernick has played in 21 games/19 starts since Harbaugh stopped being his coach.
59.1% completion
3856 yards (183.6 yards/game)
22 TD/9 INT
6.7 yards/attempt

That's not starting QB numbers, and nobody is going to bring in a backup QB who will be a distraction.

Honestly, I see Kaepernick as just another Mark Sanchez. Both came in to loaded teams that were winning with or without them, both had postseason success due to those teams early in their career (Sanchez went to TWO AFC title games). Both were hyped up to be big time franchise QBs (The Sanchize). Both failed at that and teams realized they can't carry a team. (Sanchez had an 88.4 QB Rating in Philly)

The only difference is at that point Sanchez stayed fairly quiet and started getting jobs as a backup, while Kaepernick went loud and now can't get a backup job.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bob Costas' Halfway House/Kaepernick interview - TheLeonardLeap - 07-24-2017, 03:49 PM