Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bob Costas' Halfway House/Kaepernick interview
(07-24-2017, 12:36 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Companies have a right to their own image.  I have a magnet on my car, wear a badge, etc.  I cant drive to a stage and give a political speech attached that way.  My company would say do it, but without their name on me.  I realize his kneeling takes place when a song is played, but at that point he is in uniform.

Yup, that is something that I find rather interesting with the whole NFL.  Players who are known to be on teams and/or have pics of themselves on their social media accounts make social/political/and religious statements all the time.  It does come down to what is "acceptable" and what isn't, though.

There is a double standard in the NFL, but it's mostly about good players being allowed to be more of a headache that average or bad ones.  Such is life.

As for this specific case, Kaepernick is the face of this movement now. There are other players who kneel like he does and there are players who are openly and covertly "on his side" but you don't hear about them. I don't know for sure, but I'd find it hard to believe there isn't a single Bengals player who doesn't think Kaepernick did the "right thing" so meh. It's a game played by human beings and this is the way it goes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bob Costas' Halfway House/Kaepernick interview - Nately120 - 07-24-2017, 07:24 PM