Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depressing State of US Space
I think what is pretty sad is that there are too many people that think spending money on NASA and space exploration is a waste, and not worth it. But in my opinion, exploring space and developing new technologies to do so is going to be the only way humanity will survive. Granted none of us will be around for then nor the next few generations I am guessing. But the longer we stay on this planet, the closer our extinction looms. Its just a matter of time.

Food for thought too. There are at least 100 billion stars in our Milky Way galaxy, some estimates are 200-400 billion. There are also at least 100 billion planets by estimate (billion, not million either). That is a lot of planets out there. To really put it in perspective, the most popular estimate of the number of galaxies is 100 billion. Even if it was 1 million galaxies, that is still insane to try to think about in our puny little brains. 100 billion galaxies with maybe 100 billion stars & 100 billion planets within each galaxy. Insane.

So life exists out there. To think otherwise is being very homocentric. It just pisses me off I wont be around when the day comes we discover it as fact. Unless the governments around the world finally spill the beans on aliens visiting us.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Depressing State of US Space - Yojimbo - 07-29-2017, 12:14 AM
RE: Depressing State of US Space - GMDino - 07-29-2017, 09:07 AM
RE: Depressing State of US Space - Dill - 07-29-2017, 04:50 PM
RE: Depressing State of US Space - Dill - 07-29-2017, 06:07 PM
RE: Depressing State of US Space - Millhouse - 07-29-2017, 03:28 PM