Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depressing State of US Space
Our elected government officials think that the private sector can do what NASA did and is happy to spend the $25 million for tickets to the ISS from Russia rather than spending billions on their own transportation since there is no more military need for rocket development...in other words, we have our Inter Continental Ballistic Missles to deliver multiple nuclear warheads on up to and more than 10 targets anywhere on the planet.

Now, when resources start to run low for certain things like Helium which is really low right now, our elected government officials may start with pumping money into the private sector to help speed along development for long range, multi year exploration to Mars and maybe beyond. Then when things aren't moving fast enough, they will buy the brightest minds from around the world and fire up NASA again after stealing what others have done.

I find it incredibly stupid and very frustrating that we humans, the world doesn't have stations on Mars right now with a space vehicle that can travel back and forth from Mars in a couple of months.

With the way technology has accelerated from the Wright Brothers first flight to the Bi-Planes of WWI to the Mustang with bladders to carry the fuel in WWII to the Jet fighters of Korea to landing people on the Moon with LESS COMPUTING POWER THAN THE FIRST NINTENDO GAMEBOY, we SHOULD be on Mars right now.

I'm done, I'm getting pissed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Depressing State of US Space - Yojimbo - 07-29-2017, 12:14 AM
RE: Depressing State of US Space - GMDino - 07-29-2017, 09:07 AM
RE: Depressing State of US Space - Dill - 07-29-2017, 04:50 PM
RE: Depressing State of US Space - Dill - 07-29-2017, 06:07 PM
RE: Depressing State of US Space - Nebuchadnezzar - 07-29-2017, 10:14 PM