Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Administration Moves To Defund Teen Pregnancy Research Programs
(07-30-2017, 03:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This specific program was instituted after the big decline had already started. So whatever caused the decline (my guess is smartphones making knowledge more on-hand) is not this program that is being ended 2 years early. That needs to be reiterated because the thread title makes it sound like it's a permanent thing that is being disbanded. It's just having it's funding cut off 2 years earlier than planned. It was never a long term thing.

Increased contraceptive use over the last two decades, or roughly 4 times longer than this program has been running. But people like GMD will ignore that fact because it doesn't mesh with their stance that this move is yet another terrible thing that will ruin our society. It would also ruin their chance at bible jabs, which they would cry their little tears about if bfine or lucie had made the jab towards Muslims.

Understood but I'm not referring specifically to this program. It's education funding in general.

Used to districts had more control over what they taught. I went to a district in Kentucky that taught abstinence only education after the 70s. We also were among the highest teenage pregnancy rates in the state from the 80s through the 90s... until education reform and state mandates of what was taught. Behold! After I was out of the district, they taught that sex can result in a child and bam rates went down. They took part in a federal grant 7-8 years ago and there was a noticeable drop after a year or two. The grant was aimed at std prevention but it also impacted teen pregnancy rates.

So I don't know a lot about this particular program, but I know there's districts , especially in the south, where they don't care about teen pregnancy rates as much as the idea that teaching basic biology should be prohibited.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Administration Moves To Defund Teen Pregnancy Research Programs - Benton - 07-30-2017, 04:46 PM