Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Administration Moves To Defund Teen Pregnancy Research Programs
(07-30-2017, 09:42 PM)Dill Wrote: 1. Why can't parents teach children how to cook and fix flat tires?

2. Chemistry, pre-algebra, and English literature--pointless for people not going to college?

3. Education is different from vocational training. It is not supposed to be "useful" in the sense shop and home ec are. And education is one of those things that diffrerentiates first world countries from third.  

1. Why can't parents teach children how to use a condom and not knock a girl up/get knocked up? See how that can be used for anything?

2. LOL, that's 100% my bad. I totally didn't mean pre-algebra. I meant pre-calculus. Pre-algebra is still useful knowledge for everyone. Chemistry isn't useful for every college person unless they're majoring in something that will actually use it. Same with classic English literature. Why does Robert Frost matter to a structural engineer or a farmer?

3. Education is different from vocational training, but they keep adding more and more things that are "needed" for mandatory education, that people don't really need. Meanwhile kids are completely unprepared for the real world. That's why we have 20-something-year-old children running around everywhere. They spent the first 27.5% of their life expectancy learning how to pass tests... and yet still have no idea how to function in the world.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Administration Moves To Defund Teen Pregnancy Research Programs - TheLeonardLeap - 07-30-2017, 10:11 PM