Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Priebus resigns; Gen. John Kelly new CoS
(08-01-2017, 09:45 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Exactly my point.  It won't happen, it's got as close to zero chance of happening without being zero as you can get, hence my claim of extreme hyperbole.

See, this is what I don't get about Trump opponents.  Narcissists are very easy to manipulate, hence the Dem strategy towards him, utter and complete opposition, strikes me as counter-productive to their stated objectives.  A little careful flattery, working with him on less harmful subjects, and they could get a fair amount of their agenda added to the Trump agenda.  The question then becomes why wouldn't they take such an obvious course of action that would allow them to actually accomplish something?  Maybe it's because utter opposition plays better with their voter base and they are more concerned with the 2018/20 elections than they are actually accomplishing something in the next two years.  There's also the fact that allowing Trump even a wiff of a victory may help him in those years.  So, much like the GOP, who were much derided for their actions, they would trade two years of accomplishing nothing for a slight chance of winning Congress in 2018.  Kind of shows you were political parties loyalties really lie eh?

I'm guessing they oppose him so hard and so much is that the GOP is already licking his underside to get what THEY want...so they feel the need to oppose.  If the Dems had a majority in congress you might see a different strategy I bet.

But I totally agree that those closest to him are the ones that kiss up and tell him how smart and great he is.  I doubt the generals will do that...but they will treat him with respect as the POTUS and he'll interpret that as the same thing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Priebus resigns; Gen. John Kelly new CoS - GMDino - 08-01-2017, 10:26 AM