Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Priebus resigns; Gen. John Kelly new CoS
(07-31-2017, 10:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It seems rather obvious to me that Scaramucci getting the can was a condition of Kelly's to take the CoS job.  I have a different opinion from Matt in regards to Kelly's hiring, I think this will ultimately work in the administration's favor.  Surrounding himself with military men is probably Trump's best move.  They have several qualities that will enable them to work for Trump effectively.  First, Trump has a large amount of respect for career military guys.  Second, it is ingrained in service members that you do not publicly criticize elected officials.  Thirdly, they have the discipline to keep Trump on task/message without ruffling Trump's feather due to reasons one and two.  I think the diplomacy aspect of the CoS is a bit overstated, in any event at this point they needed a task master will bring order to chaos.

As much as Trump can, and has, screwed up, he is in a unique position in our nations history.  He is the POTUS and has no political baggage, he is ultimately beholden to no one for his position (except, of course, the voters).  If he is kept on task he could accomplish things no other POTUS could contemplate

I don't disagree with what Kelly can bring to the table. I just have concerns that the important liaison role will be left unfilled. They could make up for that in other ways, but Kelly has said in the past that generals should stay out of domestic politics. I know that you don't think it is as large a part of the job as I do, so it is understandable that this isn't as big of a concern to you.

I think the keys to Kelly's success in the role will be to keep Javanka in check and to put someone in place that will take on the liaison role and do it well, working to improve relations with those on the Hill.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Priebus resigns; Gen. John Kelly new CoS - Belsnickel - 08-01-2017, 10:37 AM