Poll: Are you embarrassed for voting for or supporting Trump?
This poll is closed.
Yes
27.27%
3 27.27%
No
54.55%
6 54.55%
Not quite yet
0%
0 0%
Embarrassed about what?
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Serious Question for Trump voters/supporters. Are you embarrassed by anything yet?
(08-01-2017, 09:55 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: There are many reasons.  The main reason would be money. If the companies aren't making a profit they will leave. Same applies to any state insurance market. Since these are new markets they made an educated guess what to charge. If they made a bad guess prices went up. If they made a good guess prices may have went down. You had a business so you probably know better than I that prices vary based upon lots of factors.

Another reason is market instability. The Republicans have been trying to repeal Obamacare every year. Plus Trump has repeatedly threatened to stop paying the government subsidies. They government subsidies are basically what your employer pays towards your health insurance. If the government stops paying what they agreed to pay, the insurance companies are up a creek without a paddle. Would you keep doing tile for a customer who repeatedly threatened not to pay? I doubt it. You didn't stay in the tile business when the housing market crashed, why would the insurance companies stay in the Obamacare exchanges when the Republicans are trying to crash the markets by repealing the markets?

There is more to it than that, but you get the idea.

Also, the majority of patients I've seen with Medicaid aren't indigent, but poor.

in·di·gent

ˈindəjənt/
adjective
adjective: indigent
  1. 1.
    poor; needy.
    synonyms:
    poor, impecunious, destitute, penniless, impoverished, insolvent, poverty-stricken; More
    needy, in need, hard up, disadvantaged, badly off;
    informal(flat) broke, strapped (for cash), on skid row, down-and-out;
    formalpenurious
    "indigent families"

antonyms:
    rich
noun
noun: indigent; plural noun: indigents
  1. 1.
    a needy person.
    synonyms:
    vagrant, homeless person, down-and-out, beggar, pauper, derelict, have-not;
    informalbum
    "a shelter for the city's indigents"

1. I'd say that the 1st definition applies to most of what we're talking about.  Anyway, my real point of responding was to say that by removing the interstate restrictions on health care providers, more free market competition can happen.  Customers get the option to choose between companies.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serious Question for Trump voters/supporters. Are you embarrassed by anything yet? - SunsetBengal - 08-01-2017, 10:06 PM