Poll: Are you embarrassed for voting for or supporting Trump?
This poll is closed.
Yes
27.27%
3 27.27%
No
54.55%
6 54.55%
Not quite yet
0%
0 0%
Embarrassed about what?
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Serious Question for Trump voters/supporters. Are you embarrassed by anything yet?
(08-01-2017, 10:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: in·di·gent

ˈindəjənt/
adjective
adjective: indigent
  1. 1.
    poor; needy.
    synonyms:
    poor, impecunious, destitute, penniless, impoverished, insolvent, poverty-stricken; More
    needy, in need, hard up, disadvantaged, badly off;
    informal(flat) broke, strapped (for cash), on skid row, down-and-out;
    formalpenurious
    "indigent families"

antonyms:
    rich
noun
noun: indigent; plural noun: indigents
  1. 1.
    a needy person.
    synonyms:
    vagrant, homeless person, down-and-out, beggar, pauper, derelict, have-not;
    informalbum
    "a shelter for the city's indigents"

1. I'd say that the 1st definition applies to most of what we're talking about.  Anyway, my real point of responding was to say that by removing the interstate restrictions on health care providers, more free market competition can happen.  Customers get the option to choose between companies.

If a person has a job and a place to live I don't consider them indigent. If a person qualifies for Medicaid they are too rich to qualify for indigent care programs.

I agree removing state lines as a restriction to insurance coverage access would be beneficial to the middle class seeking the best bang for their buck, but the politicians aren't trying to fix that issue; which is an issue you and I agree needs fixing. They are arguing about things that have been fixed (pre-existing conditions) and trying to "fix" it by going back to the old broken system. It's ridiculous. There are issues with Obamacare which genuinely need to be fixed, but they aren't trying to fix them. And what they have proposed to replace Obamacare is pure shit.

Messages In This Thread
Serious Question for Trump voters/supporters. Are you embarrassed by anything yet? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-01-2017, 10:56 PM