Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Ranks Bengals #6 in Top Arsenals
(08-01-2017, 05:58 PM)McC Wrote: Realistically,  since you can figure AJ for 1200-1500 yards, assuming health, of course, and LaFell with 800ish, the backs with at least that much, Boyd, Core, etc, how many yards will there to be to go around?  And this is not even mentioning the TE's.  400 sounds about right.  If it's more than that, either Ross has passed somebody on the depth chart or Andy is killing it and the offense is deadly.

The great thing about Ross is how he'll impact games even if he isn't putting up numbers.  On the other hand, he is so skilled that he might just run wild.   History says that won't happen right away.  But only time will tell.  If he can beat press coverage, look out.   With the cushion he'll get, he'll bee a walking five yard completion.

I like Lafell and i think he has got some unfair criticism for his play last year cause it was his first year with the
Bengals and he even was playing with an injured hand. But if Ross is healthy i expect him to take most of the
snaps on the outside with Green and Boyd will be the Slot receiver most of the time.

Ross is like you said, skilled. We need a burner out there to open up the Offense.

We saw it last year once Green went down, the Offense stalled until Core got snaps.

Lafell is a solid route runner but he is not a burner.

(08-02-2017, 09:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not sure we can assume LaFell will reach 800, at least if you're assuming AJ Green stays healthy.

AJ Green played nine full games and then went out very early in the Buffalo game.
During the nine games Green was healthy, LaFell totaled 387 yards (43 YPG). Over the span of 16 games, that's 688 yards.

Given the added weapons in Ross and Mixon plus (hopefully) Eifert for a majority of games, I think it's more realistic for LaFell to get around 600-650 yards. He might reach 700 yards, but I'd be really surprised that he reaches 800 unless injuries occur to the other weapons.

I think this all depends on if Ross is healthy and how he comes around in the Offense.

If Ross comes around very slowly Lafell will have bigger numbers IMHO.

Hoping Ross is ready to go opening day.

This is nothing against Lafell.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN Ranks Bengals #6 in Top Arsenals - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-02-2017, 11:50 AM