Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New NFL Rules BENGALS FANS Need To Know
(08-02-2017, 10:09 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Love it. Every single one of those rule changes. Absolutely love it.

And as for all the steeler talk, give it a rest folks. Wait until they actually get away with some of this stuff before complaining about it. I hate them and the media/ref bias as much as any of you but this doesn't seem like the time or the thread to talk about it.... It just seems like needless whining.

Good post worth repeating.....I do not know how much I LOVE the rule changes. ....I do like that you can celebrate after a score without a penalty on kick-off as long a there is no taunting of the other team.  NFL deciding things like The Icky Shuffle are not Illegal Hits, and a victim less penalty that causes no injuries.  NFL trying to shed it's image of NFL standing for NO FUN LEAGUE. 

I'll wait and see on Instant Replay out of New York.  This was done in 1980's and it seemed the Las Vegas Odds on favorites always got the New York replay call.  The NFL stopped the 1980's Replay experiment.  I thought field refs were doing a much better job than New York Headquarters in 1980's. ...but if gambling isn't involved and New York has no team favorites, it could be a good thing.   Getting away from players, coaches and fans out of control such as Pittsburg at Cincinnati UGLY 2015 season play-off game.  Who knows, NFL Headquarters might have also called Steelers for the coach on the field because he was fined by NFL after the game.  That would have been off setting penalties and a 50 +yard field goal, not 30 +yard field goal. IF DONE RIGHT, the Instant Replay done by League Headquarters may end the on field nonsense since the Refs on the field have no say in the Instant Replay. 

I have seen AJ Green and other Bengals receivers held on same play, often in the play-offs.  If the defense thought a 15 yard penalty PLUS time reset to give Dalton more time, I think defenses would cut back on all the holding they try to get by with. In the Houston Games announcers said Bengals WR's were getting no separation, but several plays I saw several guys holding AJ Green as ball came his way. It's hard to get separation while being held. Hopefully this will make Defenses cut back on all the holding that they have done much of the time. ...5 yards for holding 2 or more receivers was nothing to Defenses. ...15 yards plus play clock reset is HUGE to Defenses......I'm hoping all the rules do end up great rule changes.  ......The worst was Bengals in 73 Play-offs and Miami tackled Issac Curtis every time ball was snapped. NFL put in a rule next year saying you can't do that. It is time for this rule so NFL Coaches can't have entire team defense holding and only a 5 yard penalty. 15 Yards is a real kick in the pants to NFL Coaches who have been abusing team holding of multiple receivers. So if Green and Eifert both held, announcers won't say 5 yard penalty but 4th down, Bengals have to punt. 15 yards and clock reset really changes that. This completely changes 3rd and long because defenses can't just hold, hold, hold and get by with it.

Love Them or Hate Them....These are the Rule Changes .....The Refs are going to be calling these rules early and often to let players and coaches know there are changes....I even like cutting overtime from 15 to 10 minutes.  It's better for players.  It will be quicker and more exciting for fans. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New NFL Rules BENGALS FANS Need To Know - kevin - 08-02-2017, 02:04 PM