Poll: Are you embarrassed for voting for or supporting Trump?
This poll is closed.
Yes
27.27%
3 27.27%
No
54.55%
6 54.55%
Not quite yet
0%
0 0%
Embarrassed about what?
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Serious Question for Trump voters/supporters. Are you embarrassed by anything yet?
(08-03-2017, 04:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: https://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/13/number-of-people-with-health-insurance-via-jobs-remained-steady-with-obamacare.html

This link states that 70.8% of Americans in the work force are on employer sponsored health program, roughly 155M people, or a little less than half of the American population.  Also said that some 77+M were on Medicaid, and only 11M were on individual policies via the exchanges.

Now, as for me, I've been on both sides of the coin.  When I was self-employed, I purchased an individual policy, it ran me around $250/mo.  When the recession hit, I had to drop it.  I was uninsured, until I went to work full time for the company I currently work with.  I haven't priced any individual policies lately, but everything I hear claims them to high in price and narrow on choices.  Fortunately for me, my employer provides us with excellent coverage through United Health Care, even better than what my wife has (BCBS, as a State Employee).

Individual policies are expensive. Essentially double what an employer sponsored plan would cost because the employer usually pays half the annual premium. The price of an individual policy would essentially be the same as COBRA.

Messages In This Thread
Serious Question for Trump voters/supporters. Are you embarrassed by anything yet? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-03-2017, 05:33 PM