Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Elliot struggled again today in the scrimmage
(08-06-2017, 11:49 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I think he had some trouble in Pittsburgh before that. That missed kick in Houston obviously wasn't his fault so she can't be talking about that

I had to do some digging but it looks like Bullock did great in Pittsburgh, but had another (injured) guy under contract.  Bullock played (1) game with the the guys in Black-and-Yellow last season and was given the game ball by Mike Tomlin for his performance:

"...Bullock kicks Steelers to Win."
"...Bullock gets game ball."

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/LOOK-Randy-Bullock-sends-classy-message-to-Steelers-49756901

Stats from the game:
100% Field Goals (3/3 from 34, 38, 44 yards in a stadium that is notoriously tough on kickers)
100% PATs (1/1)
3 Touchbacks

It also looks like Bullock is currently the 32nd most accurate place kicker in NFL HISTORY (i.e. all-time according to ProFootballReference).  A quick google search shows that Bullock has made Game Winners in BIG games and against BIG teams like the 49ers, Patriots, etc. in recent years.  

This is a no-brainer:  As Bengals fans, we all want the (still young with ~5 years experience) NFL-proven guy as our kicker instead of the kiddo from small school Memphis that appears to be getting a head-case of the shanks kicking in front of a few fans at a scrimmage and practices.  Elliot is going to have to REALLY step up his game for the coaches to even think twice about this one.  The staff rolled the dice on a kicker, but it looks like we may have had our guy on the roster already... one that did well as a Bengal and helped us after the Mike-Nugent-debacle last season.  [As mentioned in the post above, if we all agree not to hold the only missed kick against Bullock because of the miscommunication -- the guy was 100% on PATs and 100% on field goals for us, and has a cannon of a leg).]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Elliot struggled again today in the scrimmage - BoBengal - 08-06-2017, 09:49 PM