Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutler a Dolphin, AJ McCarron not going anywhere
(08-06-2017, 07:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They signed Cutler, because he has experience with Dolphins OC, back in Chicago.  They wanted someone to come in that already knew the offense, Cutler fits that description.  Plus, Dolphins have good rushing attack and nice receiving options.  Could be good, could be a dumpster fire.  Just depends on which Jay Cutler shows up each Sunday.

I don't think that McCarron was ever even a question to the Dolphins.

Agreed.  The Dolphins lost their starting QB before the preseason and decided to get a starting QB who is familiar with the system for $10-13 million.  Compare this to the Vikings losing Bridgewater in the preseason and burning a 1st round pick for Sam Bradford, who has done even less than Cutler.  Seems like a decent move.  Toss in the fact that Cutler's old team tossed him in order to give $16-19 million so Mike Glennon could start for approximately 8 games and you have a real head-scratcher.

I know we as Bengals fans don't realize it, but other franchises have GMs and coaches who are held accountable for 4-win seasons and that is why other franchises scramble to find another starting QB when faced with 16 games of backup QB play.  I doubt Cuter and the Dolphins will set the world on fire, but I can certainly see why moves like this are made in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cutler a Dolphin, AJ McCarron not going anywhere - Nately120 - 08-06-2017, 10:22 PM